Chemonics seeks a finance and investment director for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activity in Senegal. The purpose of this new activity is to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services while increasing consumer demand. The finance and investment director will be responsible for overseeing technical activities improving the financial management capacity, profitability and access to financing for public and private sector stakeholders in water and sanitation. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal, with frequent travel to target activity zones throughout Senegal.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Design and execute financing strategies to increase investment across the WASH market in Senegal
- Provide leadership in understanding market dynamics to inform the activity’s interventions focused on attracting and crowding in public and private finance for water and sanitation products and services
- Support WASH investment through structuring and managing projects or deals with private sector partners to expand access to water and sanitation services and infrastructure
- Serve as the primary liaison to a diverse group of finance providers, such as microfinance institutions, development banks, commercial banks
- Oversee capacity development interventions that strengthen local finance providers
- Work across teams to ensure the perspectives and voices of women, youth, and underrepresented or underserved groups are integral to the activity’s implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, marketing, public policy, public administration, economics, or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- 8 years of relevant professional experience finance and or private sector engagement
- Demonstrated ability to serve as effective interlocutor between finance providers and finance seekers with an ability to propose and deliver financial solutions to underserved clients
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with U.S. and local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations
- Demonstrated experience working with both public and private sector stakeholders simultaneously, resulting in the achievement of project deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and using innovative approaches to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French (required)
How to apply
Please send an email with your updated CV, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references attached and “Finance and Investment Director Senegal WASH Activity” in the subject line to Mr. Luca DiDomenico at [email protected] by March 17, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.